POD floors have increasingly become the preferred option for builders due to their speed of installation and economic benefits.
Koolfoam provides pods that are cut from a solid block to a specified size, typically 1200mm*1200mm*200mm. As with all our polystyrene it is stress released in our kiln so that pods remain flat.
BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
All Koolfoam solid pods have recycled polystyrene content with customers waste recovered and recycled.
STANDARD PODS AVAILABLE
BENEFITS of KOOLFOAM PODS
- lower cost raft construction versus complex foundation requirements provides immediate construction cost benefit at some sites.
- quicker construction time due to lack of foundation trenching
- 5x thermal efficiency, due to reduced heat loss from the concrete floor into the substrate. Reduced electricity consumption over the life of the dwelling represents a significant consumer cost saving especially when used with other energy managing ‘eco-home’ technologies such as passive solar. Resulting energy savings and consequent reductions in CO2 emissions over the life of the flooring system are significant.
- Solid pods leave no exposed cavities when pods are cut and no chance of collapse when wheelbarrowing concrete during poors.
- Better for the environment as Koolfoam Pods are manufactured with a percenatge of recycled polystyrene blended with virgin material.
- Reducing impact on land fills and reducing consumption of virgin raw material
Koolfoam Quad Spacer
Koolfoam’s unique spacer performs all functions required by any pod floor.
- internal 4 way spacer
- 300mm external edge spacer
- 200mm thickening spacer
- 300mm thickening spacer